Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Doodle Bugs

One of the cutest sets Close to My Heart is offering right now is the Baby Animal Doodles.  It comes with a matching set of dies.
Here are some cards I did using the lady bug from the set, to help break out of the mold that these doodles are just for baby cards/pages. All the papers are from my scrap pile, except for some white card stock.
For this card I cut the wreath from the Flower Market cartridge in the size that fit my scrap, which was 5".  The watercolor is from the Watercolor Impressions stamp set, in fern, both first and second generation.  The words are from two different retired stamp sets and luck was from an alphabet set.
I printed the sentiment on my computer, using the Harrison font. To get the words in the right place, I cut Daisy cardstock to 8.5"X11", then placed the words where I could cut out the white block I needed for the cards.  I used our Carmine Shin-Han marker to color them in.
 
The sentiment is computer printed again.  I used an old clear bag to make the clear layer for the shaker, and thick foam tape to make the sequin well.  The hearts are cut using our stitched heart dies.
 
This one uses the May 2018 stamp of the month, and the Watercolor Impressions stamp set.
 
This one uses the Watercolor Impressions stamp set for the clouds and the Decorative borders dies for the green hills.
 
Computer printed words, bugs colored with the Shin-Han markers
 
Watercolor Impressions stamp set, and a scrap leaf from my leftover cut pieces box. The color I used here was Carolina, but managed to get a little fern green on the edges because I didn't clean my stamp after using it to make the Christmas luck card. I really like the effect, but haven't tried to duplicate it on purpose!
 
The X is from an alphabet stamp set, the words were printed on the computer.  The ribbon is just taped down on the backside. This layout is from the Make it from your Heart Volume 4.

1 comment:

  1. those turned out so cute! Heard you caught a bug....I LOVE that, what a great idea for a card....I am so doing that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete