Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July, Everyone!  I hope your day is full of BBQ and fireworks, and pleasant people if you don't have the day off.

 

The Heart 2 Heart scrapbooking challenge for July is to use red and white, with the option of blue.  You must also add some sparkle and real or faux stitching.  I had just finished a layout using just those colors - ruby, daisy white and Indian corn blue - but minus the stitching.  So I faux stitched the word summer in my title.


I splattered Ruby ink on the White Daisy cardstock by putting some drops on an old tooth brush and then flicking the bristles with my thumb (outside btw).  The overlay is from the Artbooking cartridge, page 64, as well as the photo overlays. The title is a double one - Freedom from page 64 and Endless Summer from page 67.   I stamped the overlays using Home of the Brave (retired). The June SOTM, Kaboom, would work well too.  My sparkle is from Silver glitter paper, with a few star stickers from my stash thrown in.  The stars on the right page are the cutouts from the mats and the overlay.

6 comments:

  1. Love the splatter on your layout....adds just the right touch!! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your overlays from the Artbooking cartridge, Dawn - great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The faux stitching adds such great dimension to your title. Thanks for scrapping red, white daisy, and blue with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job. I love the overlays and the stars. The spritz adds dimension as well. Great job! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and I love the red splattered background. Thanks for joining us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete