Wednesday, April 18, 2018

2018 Week 15

This weekend was cold and rainy. I spent it all indoors - but on Saturday my scrapping mojo just wasn't to be found.  I had better luck on Sunday with this.

These pictures were similar to Christmas photos, with all the different colors.  But I found an old paper pack I felt went well.
This layout started with the photos, trimming them down to
11 - 3"x3"
2 - 4"x4"
1- 4"x6"  (I need to get one more printed, thus the place holder.)
That's a lot of photos!  Most of the time I can't cut my pictures down, but I'm learning to back off the zoom some of the time.
Next I worked with the size papers I had left in this kit.  Just for reference the vertical strips, from left to right are 1", 1/2", 4 1/4", 1/2". 
We've all got tons of ribbon, so I grabbed some and covered where the papers meet.  I love this little ribbon with the gold line down it (and it comes in several colors!).  I put a thin line of liquid glass down on the papers, then laid the ribbon on top, pressing carefully.  Works every time - just make it a THIN line.
The mat for the 3"x3" photos is a 12" x 3 1/2" strip.  One photo hangs off the edge, but I love that look. You could always use more paper if you don't.  The side where both pictures fit is 6 5/8" long.  The other side is just whatever's left.  I alternated which side has the hang-over picture.  So - now you know.  In scrapbooking, you can have a hangover without any alcohol!  The strips start at 1/4" from the bottom, with 1/4" between each one.  I centered the appropriate zip strip in the middle of what was left for space at the top.
The title is 2 1/2" tall, because that's what I had for paper, but that particular cut would work better as a bigger title.  The word getaway is very thin at this size.

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason I loved scrapbooking so much...no hangover! LOL LOL LOL :) Pretty layout with pretty ladies inside and out! And what a fun getaway it was! Thanks for the wonderful time and memories.

    ReplyDelete