Wednesday, April 4, 2018

2018 Week 12

For my personal scrapping goal, I did two double layouts this week, with some really old CTMH papers, called Aspen.
 
 
 
Most of the time, I'm in high gear - so much to do, so much I want to do, I do it quickly so I can get more done in a hour, in a day.  And then, I look at some of the beautiful antiques and architecture of old.  The details make them so amazing.  But those details take time.
I want to have that level of details in my scrap pages.  Sometimes I can manage it, other times not so much.  On these pages, the pictures went down very easily.  These papers are preprinted with the picture spaces - no paper cutting or arranging.  So I spent some time on the details.
For starters I added some clouds.  These are 3 different stamps from a retired stamp set.  To make them group together properly, I stamped each one on post-it notes and used the masking technique.

You have to cut them out, but only once and it was well worth the effort.
Next I worked on the title.  The You Are Here cartridge made this one easy.  I stamped the clouds behind, then added the layered cut for my title.
My final touch was another combination of stamping, double layered cut, and some liquid glass.

Using the Flourishes stamp set, I stamped the word Hello, and then a couple of other flourishes right on top of the Hello.  Then I covered most of the letters with the camera cut, also from the You Are Here cartridge.
After the camera was attached, a sprinkled a little loose glitter in the middle and made the glass lens with liquid glass.  This was the last touch, so I could let it dry without moving the paper around.
They say with enough repetition, things become habit.  Maybe I can slow myself down enough to get into the habit of this great detail.


1 comment:

  1. The details are great and I love the use of the Hello in another way. I need to think more outside of the box and do things like that. Thanks for sharing all of the tips and tricks to make great layouts. :)

    ReplyDelete