Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Race to the finish line

Grab those beach pictures you haven't finished scrapping yet and let's get going with the new Regatta papers from Close to My Heart.

Close to My Heart has revamped their Workshops on the Go - moving to a new format and called Workshops Your Way.  These new kits are priced at $27 and do not include a stamp set.  They do include the compliments plus two coordinating embellishments.  For Regatta, this is a gold and white ribbon and blue puffy stickers.

The paper packs are different too - more printed sheets and only 3 sheets of cardstock (with the kits - no cardstock is included in the paper packs).  The kits also have instructions for three double layouts and nine cards, in a printable PDF - no stamping involved on the layouts!  You can always add some if you feel like it.

This is my version of the first layout.  I moved the photo wells around a little bit, to have a single center for the double layout, instead of two single layouts repeated.

I tacked on the gold and white ribbon with a staple where it was close enough to the edge to do so, and with liquid glass where it was not. 

I also ran the flaxen 1/2" strips at the top of the page through the chevron embossing folder before taping it down.  My version of the layout uses an additional page of Sapphire cardstock for matting and the title. 

My pictures allowed me to cut one in half and use it on the left side of the layout (the big fish), giving me the whole 6X4 picture in two 3X4 wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment