Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Watercolor cards

I love the look of watercolors - so I have set out to see how I can incorporate them into my work more.
I started with this single sheet of watercolor paper, and just inked some watercolor on it.  My tip of the day is when you drop the water into the little circle of dry water color paint, spend some time mixing it up.  It's a dry paint and you are trying to bring it back to life, the more you mix the darker the color will get, the more paint you get in your water.
I added a little salt to the green section, which gives it that speckled look.
After painting my swatches, I walked off and let them dry. For about 2 weeks.  It doesn't take that long to dry, but that's when I found time to get back to this project.  Plus, it made them nice and dry to work with.
On Crop Saturday, I made these 8 cards using this one sheet of paper. After making the cards, my tip would be to have less white space between the color swatches.






 

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this watercolor look! Great job on the cards, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the kitty cat in the back ground. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete