Wednesday, June 13, 2018

July Bells & Whistles

The July Bells & Whistles workshop will be on July 20, from 6:30-8:30.  Cost is $7.00



This is an aquarium page with lots of fun things for you to do.  The fishy backgrounds are from a mask I made using a fish outline from the You are Here cartridge.  It's inked in glacier and crystal blue (with sponge daubers) then you stamp on top off all the fish, with the mask still in place, in charcoal.  I used a retired stamp set to get the lettering look I wanted in the fish. Then you add some pebble ink using a stamp from the Splash of Color stamp set.  If you only add one stamp set to your collection this year - that's the one I recommend.  I use it all the time, for added detail.


 
We also use the international stamp set This is Paradise.  It's a great ocean set, even if you are not from Down Under.  A little ribbon, and a few retired aqua dots and your page is done.
I will be leaving the charcoal mats as a single sheet of paper, so you can make your mats any size you want.  My sample is cut with 3 - 4"x6" mats and 3 - 4"x4" mats.  If you attend and like the sizes, I'll be happy to do the cutting for you.


2 comments:

  1. The fishy background is absolutely great. I love how the colors just flow throughout the entire layout.

    ReplyDelete