Scrapbooking - even paper crafting - is SO MUCH FUN! It's a great relaxing hobby that has a purpose - to preserve your memories. But your life is full of making those memories. And work. And laundry. And dirty dishes. And family obligations. And sickness. And baby showers. And television. And dirty diapers. And the list goes on.
We don't find time in our 24 hours-we make time for the things that are important to us. Scrapbooking is a way of preserving the important things, for our own memories and for our descendants.
If you are struggling to make the time to scrapbook take a few minutes to figure out why. A few changes in your routine could open up just the window you need!
- Attend a crop where you can fully focus on your pages.
- Create a craft friendly space at home, where you can leave your stuff out all the time.
- Organize a small box of just the basics that you can take out and put away easily if space is limited. (Workshops your Way are great here).
- Attend short workshops, where most supplies are provided, with no extras that need to be stored at home. Keep a small bag with the basics - scissors, tape, and journaling pen. You are in and out, with completed pages!
- Trade an hour you normally spend watching television for an hour of scrapbooking. (Television is my downfall; but I'm working on it!)
- Put your paper scraps, a few stickers, safety scissors, a glue stick and your unused photos in a basket. When it's scrap time, give this to your child and let them scrap with you!