Monday, April 14, 2014

Paper Pansies

I've been seeing paper pansies on some of the blog sites I visit, and wanted to come up with a version using our great CTMH Cricut cartridges.  I flower designed I liked best is on the Artiste cartridge, page 54, accent 3, shift F.  I made my pansies two layers, one cut at 1.5" and the smaller one cut at 1".

 
 

I stamped the middle of the smaller flower with a half starburst from the April 2013 SOTM kit.  I found I liked just a cross stamp better than trying to fill all five points of the flower.  If you don't have this stamp or something compatible, you can draw some lines coming out from the center of your flower.

Stamp set I used.

Stamp the half starburst through 2 of the petals.

Then stamp again, crossways, to create and X.

Place you smaller flower in the center of the larger flower and attach with a brad.  You can mix and match your colors.
This is one I tried to put spikes in each of the petals.


I used Gypsy in the middle of my yellows and black in the middle of the Gypsy paper.  Black faces definitely had more pop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment