Saturday, January 4, 2014

Color Dare #75

It's cold here in Northern Alabama and getting colder, so my mind keeps wandering to the beach.   The lagoon color in this weeks Color My Heart dare had me digging in the Later Sk8ter paper pack and thinking of the Emerald coast I like to visit in the summer.




There are no beach stamp sets in the Spring/Summer 2014 catalog, but this one is still available - Bright Sunshiny Day D1538. 





This card uses the same colors, with a 3.5" balloon cut from the Artiste cartridge (page 70) and some lagoon bakers twine.  The words are torn from an old book.  I waded the paper up, smoothed it out, then drug the ink pad over the paper (lagoon and sky). The banner is from Lifting Spirits C1570.  The background is kraft paper stamped with the map stamp from the Tommy kit (in champagne).  Both cards use paper from the Brown & Tan glitter paper pack.

5 comments:

  1. I love the use of glitter paper in your cards! They are both very fun and whimsical. Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards... the details make them, from the gems and shells on the beach to the baker's twine around the balloon to the glitter paper. Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...love the background in the balloon card!! So much texture without overwhelming. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Color My Heart this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beach card! Using the glitter paper in between the other beach layers was very clever! It gives the feeling of movement. The beads make me think of shells. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are awesome! I love the beach-y feel of the first card and the second one just rocks! I might have to scraplift that one! Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete