Monday, December 2, 2013

Card Set #1

I used up all my larger pieces of the Sparkle and Shine kit, but had plenty of leftover small pieces.  I spent the day making them all up into cards.  No more Sparkle and Shine paper, but LOTS of great cards. 

When cutting your bases for cards from a 12X12 sheet of cardstock, you can get two 5.5 X 4.25" cards and two 3X3 cards.  Make your first cut at 8.5".  Turn your paper and cut at 11", slide to the right and cut at 5.5".  You now have your two larger card bases.  Take that first strip you cut and make it 3" wide (by 12" long).  Then cut it in half (at 6").  You now have  your small card bases, without a lot of waste! I haven't been using many 3X3's but they are great gift tags.

I made 8 such sets out of my scraps and will be sharing them with you over the next few days.





And the 3X3's.



This is a retired stamp, but if  you have it, still a great one.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment