Saturday, June 8, 2013

Spray Art

Trying something a little different.  I cut a flower on Colonial paper (Artiste cartridge, 3.25" page 74, Z1790)  I filled 3 spray pens (Z1380) with rubbing alcohol and added re-inker in Pacifica, Cotton Candy and Sweet Leaf.


 I took my papers outside, placed the flower on a card stock base and experimented with the colors.



  The alcohol actually let the colors blend. I ended up with 3 card bases and 3 colored flowers to make cards with.  I left the cards open and let the color fade on the top, so it colors the back of the card as well.Another good thing about alcohol instead of water is that it dries fast.

 
 
Just a butterfly (Z1463) popped up with foam tape (Z1151) and a small flourish (Z1812) with black sparkles (Z1754) on the butterfly.  The sentiment is from the stamp set that comes with the Art Philospy set (Z1686).


 


The black base for this is from the Always paper pack (X7165B), cut to 5.25X4".   I sprayed 3 of the paper butterlies with the alchohol mix. Using thin lines of liquid glass (Z679), I adhered the flower over the edge of the card and trimmed it. Another small flourish and another simple completed card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reindeer in Lights

Here's a fun card for Christmas. And a little step by step: Stamp the snow in glacier using the In the Background stamp set.  Thi...