Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Easter!  It's been rainy here, the perfect weather for scrapping.   I made this colorful recipe card I wanted to share with you.  It's a different look, but all Close to My Heart products. I took advantage of our blooming porch peach tree as a nice prop.


The background is from smearing ink on a Craft Sheet, then spritzing it with water (Z1380) til it beads.  Place the 6X6 paper on the ink, let it absorb and then pick it up and let it dry.  I used twilight, buttercup and bard red here.  The dragonfly (A1134) is in black ink, and the post mark (Jardin D1528) is in grey flannel.  I folded the black tulle ribbon (Z1798) and adhered with liquid glass (Z679), letting two ink pads hold down either side while it dried.  I've also added a piece of the black flourishes (Z1745) and some embellishments from the slate pack (Z1787).  Using the foam tool (Z1298), I added some light color (twilight, buttercup and blush) to the white recipe part, to keep the color flowing and decrease the stark contrast of the white paper. This did smear my printer ink a little, but not enough to bother me. Add some black hemp (Z282) to finish off the look,

No comments:

Post a Comment